Saturday, April 25, 2020

Bloom

The spring rain is falling down this morning gently. The soft pats as it splashes on the ground put me in a subdued mood. Outside lining my driveway are hundreds of daffodils in full bloom. They are in every shade of yellow on the color wheel. When I walk to the mailbox I feel like a queen as every one of them is standing at attention. Their center trumpet facing me bellowing a cheery hello as I pass by smiling. When people drive up my driveway they all feel the same as each one has  a lovely comment about those yellow flowers. So every Fall I plant more and every year they emerge and bloom... putting an a bright ray of color for all to see. Blooming over and over.

2 comments:

  1. The spring rain and the colors of daffodils. It's interesting how often grey is followed by yellow in this world, in this life. I wish I could see your daffodils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every shade of yellow on the color wheel - brilliant, beautiful, beckoning. I can visualize you walking down your lane, a definite queen of friendship and kindness.

    ReplyDelete