Sunday, March 8, 2015

Patch

Yesterday I went outside to check on my chickens and ducks. I knew with all the warm weather I would not need to water them. I was right, water puddles were everywhere. We have a low spot in the driveway there was a duck swimming party going on . Wings flapping, bills dipping, tails wiggling , water flying all around. So while the ducks were having a good time the chickens were too. There in the yard was one patch of grass showing green around the white snow. There were the chickens scratching the heck out of that patch. dead grass was flying in the air with bits of dirt. Their feet were using muscles that needed exercising from winter dormancy. What fun they were all having on this warm spring day!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, for ducks and chickens! I feel their joy! So glad your chickens are alive and very well! Everyone is coming out of their caves!!! Happy Farewell to Caves month!

    ReplyDelete