Sunday, May 27, 2012

Campfire

Yesterday we invited 3 extra people over to the lake. As the day went on the girls texting went out and more people came over. Then a friend was kayaking by in the water ,stopped to chat, an hour later the car drove up. She stayed to visit. Soon the neighbors wanted to see what was happening at our place and they were over. After working all day a college girl drove over. I have learned to always take more food then we need as people just drive by to see if we are there at the cottage. I took a whole box of porkburgers, I'm glad I did. There were 22 people around our campfire telling stories, laughing, giggling and just plain having a good time. Rex and I love it. What a fun night! Today is another day. I'm thawing the brats out as I never know whos coming for supper. Come join us!

3 comments:

  1. If I lived closer, I would wander over whenever. Your campfire is like the watering hole--wander over because you might be thirsty/hungry for just plain good friendship, knowledge, or laughter. I'm looking forward to our "slumber/writing party" in July. Who or what may wander over then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed meeting you at All Write. Thank you for the invite to your fabulous blog (that you are way too humble about). This post is the perfect welcome. I can sense your open arms when it comes to guests. I feel lucky to be one of them. I have lots of reading to catch up on, so don't be surprised by random comments here and there on some older posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammy! Just read a few of your posts--and loved them as always. Your cottage is a dream I didn't even know I had, and I feel myself living it right along with you when I read what you write. I cannot wait for the cottage visit!
    r

    ReplyDelete