Monday, September 17, 2012

Woody

We have a new addition to our family, or so I think. Its been here for almost a month now. Its been on facebook and twitter by our daughter but no one has claimed it. So it stays, My husband said it has to go by winter. He has not let it in. So it is here waiting to greet me every time I go outside. It is a friend to the dogs. Its becoming part of our family day by day. It came out of the woods. Very skinny. It looked weird and ugly as its head was huge compared to its body. I did not feed it as I too wanted it to go away. But it stayed. I felt sorry for it so I feed it and it kept staying. It would not let us touch it. I called all the neighbors, no one wanted it or knew who it belonged to. My husband wondered why our dogs let it come up to the house as they chase everything that comes near. And it looks like a woodchuck. So I named it Woody Woodchuck. It is a dachshund. It is fatter now and looks nice. it lets us pet it behind the ears then skitters away. It runs around the field with Brownie and Chippy when we ride the four wheeler on those short little legs. It does not let us hold it, I think someone was mean to it as it is very shy. It sleeps outside each night because my husband will not let it in the garage yet. But its getting colder. He said we will have to take it to the shelter. We do not need 3 dogs. But, it is still here and he did pet it tonight. Woody likes us. I can not have a house dog as I am allergic. But he can stay outside. So we may have a new addition to our family...or so I think.   

1 comment:

  1. How is Woody the "woodchuck" today? I remember reading this but for some reason didn't make a comment that day--sorry. I can see all your dogs run and play together! Do you have heat in the cottage?

    ReplyDelete