Monday, July 18, 2011

Coolness

It is Hot, Hot, really Hot outside. One of the reasons I love going to the cottage is that it has air. We do not at home...but we did in the camper. So when my husband bought this cottage I said it has to have air. Boy do I turn it on full blast when I arrive. I really do not care that my electric bill skyrockets, I just love soaking up the coolness of the air conditioning! It makes every pore on my body smile as I do not have to sweat! As I sit in my air conditioned cottage I look out the window to see how everyone else, that's my neighbors, are staying cool. My neighbor to the left has what she calls her hillbilly hot tub out on the deck. There she is waving a happy smile sitting in her child size blow up swimming pool. She plays her CD on one side then when it starts over she flips and tans the other side. She even has a piece of large plastic to put over her hillbilly hot tub so no leaves get inside. She says it is very easy to clean. Just dump it over and refill for more fun.
Then there are the neighbors on the right. They have the pool that is 3ft tall where maybe 4 people can float around. This cools them down and they do not have to get in the muck and seaweed lake, their beach is mucky. When I look straight ahead I see my daughters giggling and laughing as the are swimming and floating around by our dock in the lake. Everyone has found their coolness at the lake. There is my neighbor waving at us all. We all will now join him for a cool ride around the lake on his pontoon feeling the breeze as we watch the sunset over the trees signaling the end of another Hot, Hot day. Keep Cool Everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. I am chuckling! I love the "hillbilly hot tub". Fun. I sense your relaxation as you sit at your cottage and write. You ending and beginning bookend nicely. I visualized your setting so well. :)MaryHelen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this as much as I loved hearing about it the other night! I'm really enjoying your 1 word themes for posts.

    ReplyDelete