Thursday, April 16, 2020

Walton's

Everyday before noon I catch myself looking at my watch to see if its time. Time to turn on the T.V. to watch the Walton's. Its the only show that is interesting to me right now during the daytime. Enough for me to stop what I'm doing and eat my lunch while listening to John Boy's writing. That family was going through the great depression and still they found joy in each day. I used to watch this show as a child but I find myself hanging onto each lesson the writers are trying to get across. Each character has a special place in the family, living, working and learning  from one another. Its all the life lessons that I love watching, the bonding this family has with all the generations living under one roof. The meals at the table, and sitting around the radio remind me of how times can be simpler if we allow it. The parents and grandparents are just trying to raise the children to be good adults, with kindness and love. After each show I just sit there and smile, thinking to myself... oh I wish there was another episode. Until tomorrow at noon! Then I can climb to Walton's mountain once again.

2 comments:

  1. I used to watch Petticoat Junction. I loved that show and wish they would have it on now. I want to watch the Waltons after reading this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Waltons. My parents and I use to watch it each week. I may have to check this out. I also loved the family togetherness, the stories. At the time, I didn't think about John Boy writing. Now, we are doing that, capturing moments in time.

    ReplyDelete