Monday, January 12, 2015

40

I'm doing the 40 bags in 40 day challenge. When my friend asked me to do it I said, I really don't know if I can do that. What I was really thinking was that is a lot of my stuff that I have to get rid of. My next questions was, How big do the bags have to be? Then I read the blog my friend sent and it says the bags can be any size. They can be as big as a garbage bag or as small as a Wal-Mart bag. OK I can do this. Of course my husband said I could get 40 bags just out of one room. He is probably right. So with all these snow days I have really bagged up the junk. I am on day 7. I have this nifty chart to fill out each day to keep track of the bags. However I have way more than 7 already. 5 bags went to the goodwill-gone. 6 bags have been burnt in the trash-gone. 2 bags went to my oldest daughter's house-gone. 3bags went to daughter#2's house-gone. 1 bag went to daughter #4's apartment-gone. 3 bags are ready for the next garage sale-gone. 1 bag is going up to my mother's cabin-gone. I must say I'm on a roll and this isn't that hard - I can do it. My husband is right I have lots to get rid of, by the time I get to 40...or maybe 80 I'm sure my house will be less cluttered. Its just amazing how much you accumulate over the years. Well I'm off to find another bag!!!    

1 comment:

  1. Never heard of the 40 bag thing. It makes you keep thinking about continuing as the days roll by. Looks like you're finding joy in a lot of every day moments--the best writing. Bag on!

    ReplyDelete