Friday, January 9, 2015

Rolls

When my husband opened the door from a hard day of climbing bins and being out in the cold all day, he said,"Something smells really good in this house". It was then that I smiled and knew I had spent my day off doing the right thing. Cooking grandma's caramel roll recipe. They are a lot of work. Because you have to warm this as wait. Stir this and wait. Add that and wait. Let raise and wait. But with all the time they take as soon as they come out of the oven the plateful disappears. In they past two days I have made 4 pans of rolls and they are all GONE!
It sure makes me happy to see them chatting about their day around the kitchen table as they snack on a warm roll.
I had to have lesson after lesson from my mother on how to make them perfect. I'm glad she made me learn. She would say, Tam they are just not quite tall enough so I'll be back next week." or."Tam, your caramel is not thick enough so I'll be back next week." I am so glad she kept coming back until they were just right... perfect~I will call her tomorrow and tell her.  

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the recipe! You're so fortunate to have a mom who cares about little things like that and you. Could you make us some this summer????

    ReplyDelete