Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Ducks

It was my turn tonight to go out and do the chores. Feed the dog, feed the chickens and ducks , fill the wood stove for the evening. The past two nights I have been late getting home, so it was my turn. It was dark  with the moonlight illuminating the sky enough so I could see fairly well. I turned the corner and couldn't believe it. There in the back yard snow were hundreds of tracks all over the yard. Upon a closer look I saw it was chicken and duck tracks. Well when there is snow on the ground they always stay near the coop never venturing very far. This is because their feet get really cold. But that's the tracks they were! What had happened while I was at school all day? Did they have races in the snow? Was another animal after them? Did they invite other ducks from the sky to visit and have a duck party in my backyard. I went in the coop to gather the eggs and asked them . But just received a quack and cluck answer. I guess it will remain a mystery. Hum????     

No comments:

Post a Comment