Sunday, January 11, 2015

Warm

At our house its very warm. If we are cold we turn up the heat. I just love my wood burner! We run around in shorts like its summer. The snow is swirling and blowing outside. Inside is cozy,toasty,snug and at times roasting. I enjoy cutting wood with my husband. To me its a date, We get out out the tractor, dog running along side. The sounds of the woods inviting. The scenery fills the soul. Just one task at hand and nothing else to dwell about. Good hard work never hurt anyone. Its good to work your muscles. When the cords of wood pallets are lined up. It is a good feeling of accomplishment of a day well spent. With weeks like this one below zero I have a good feeling when I am prepared going out to chuck a few pieces of wood in the stove then hurry back into the warmth. It sure feels good!  

2 comments:

  1. This is a fun line: "cozy, toasty, snug, and at time roasting."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see you with your cowboy boots! I get my kicks in the winter shoveling snow off the back porch/deck/steps. But your date sounds so much more fun--tractor, dog, beautiful scenery. Enjoy the warmth, Tammy.

    ReplyDelete