Sunday, January 25, 2015

Recipies

I'm sure we all do this, the older I get the more I try to pay attention. I have always been frugal raising four daughters. Now I'm starting to pay attention to a few things on how I eat. I think my family does not eat enough fruits and vegetables. I am looking at recipes that target these ingredients. I sneak them in recipes hoping my family doesn't notice. Then I tell them," surprise you ate bok choy"." What in the world is that?" It's a veggie. We are also drinking smoothies filled with fruit and spinach. I feel better. My hope is that my family is also.
The other thing I'm trying to do is when we go out to eat I pay attention to the food and look closely at how it must be made then I try to remake it at home. Then we do not have to go out to have it. Going out for us is at least $60.00. I can buy a lot of groceries for that. Bunches of fruits and vegetables.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, eating healthy is learning a whole new way of living well, not eating processed food. Yes, you have to fool your family. Once they taste how good something is, you've got them. Good for you, Tammy. My husband grins and bears what I make, loving vegetables and fruits my whole life. Steve is meat and potatoes all the way. Good luck in your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete