Monday, March 11, 2013

Bachelor!

Tonight I am watching the bachelor. It's the 3 hour finale and I have watched them all this season. It is hard to believe that this man, Shawn, had to kiss on all these women daily before he found the right girl. Each one he led on until the end. When it came down to the final two you really did not know who he was going to pick. The girl he sent away lost love. The one he picked found it.
Living in a household of girls my husband has to watch pieces of these shows as that is the channel turned on. Most times he covers his head with his fuzzy blanket. Tonight he did come up for air just to see who was chosen. When over I turned to him and said," I don't know how hard it is for some people as I knew I was going to marry you the day I met you." Our daughter giggled as they have heard my story of how I kissed him at our high school graduation saying I'd be waiting around for him. He in turn told me not to hold my breath! Two years of writing letters and phone calls he finally asked my out. I said "yes" to a ride on his motorcycle and a steak dinner. He knew then I was the one.(That's what he tells me.)
So to me it wasn't hard to find love, I just knew! I'm married to my best friend in the world. To someone I can't wait to see each and everyday. Someone I have grown old with. Forever and Always, he always tells me! I'm so blessed.
I know each of you have a similar story.Because of us there are 5 less bachelors GO BONS!! Give your fellow a big hug and kiss :)

3 comments:

  1. I promise to do what you said as soon as I comment on a couple more slices. :)
    This is a great story, and one that is touching too. I can tell that you guys have something really special. I think I recognize it because I have it too. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Tammy, there you go again. Yes, I felt like I had known Steve my whole life once we had that first date. Steve's in the basement, if he comes up in time before I go to bed, I will give him a kiss and hug--and say it's from you!!!! Ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are blessed with wonderful husbands. I do love on mine. Your warmth came through this post. What a keeper!

    ReplyDelete