Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snow

Last night the snow started coming down. Most schools had already called a 2 hour delay, but not mine. I kept waiting for a phone call but it never rang. For hours I got up turned on the outside light and peered out the window. I would say," It's really blowing out there." "It's really coming down out there." My husband and girls would laugh saying I was worse than a little kid. They thought I would have a 2 hour delay at least. I love 2hr delays as we do not have to make them up. Going to bed I took my phone and placed it on the nightstand just hoping. Then at 5:30am it rang! Yes... not a 2hr delay...A SNOW DAY!!!!
The day begins. I have made breakfast, shoveled the walkway, did the dishes, a load of laundry, and stirred up a batch of homemade bread to bake. Later, I plan to go shopping with the girls, nap and watch my grandson. I want to fit in a walk around the field in my snow boots too. No stress, just a snow day!

4 comments:

  1. How fun! We just had a delay, though most schools around here did cancel. We still have to go in on delay days--as soon as "reasonably safe". I don't mind too much though. I live close and can get some stuff done. Today one teacher brought me coffee and a donut and we sat and worked together on some stuff and enjoyed breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! No stress...just a snow day. This is exactly why I don't mind paying back the days later. There is something very special about unexpected, unplanned time off.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a snow day! I think about all you teachers out there, enjoying my day even more. Snow is even more powerful than ISTEP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed your snow day. I used mine to catch up with school work, laundry, and did enjoy some time to myself. Your bits of conversation cracked me up. MHG

    ReplyDelete