Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Bathtime

My grandson is coming over every night this week with his dad, as my daughter is in Los Angeles for her work. So after we eat supper, dad and grandpa go to the barn. Then we play chase around the house and hide and seek. We get out the old barn with animals and ride the horse up and down. After grandma (me) is all pooped out its time for the bathtub. He gets out all the toys in his special drawer. He throws them into the tub. We put Mr. Fishy over the spout and the water runs the entire time so he can put cups under the rushing sprinkle. I during this time have one leg in the tub and one leg out cutting his hair, I'm not sure how I got this job other than my daughter is cheap like me. She says, "Oh mom you cut dad's hair, you can do it." He went once to get it cut and didn't like it. So I'm the hair cutter. He will not sit still so I thought tub time might work. I cut half one night then trim the next night. One sitting is to much. By the time he is out I'm just as wet as he is. He swims fast in the tub. He is a big splashy fish I say.After we put baby lotion all over both of us. Dinosaur jammies are next. With a comb in hand he runs out to, pop-pop (Rex) to comb it. Then they go home. I will see him tomorrow night for bathtime. (I love it) P.S. I have been sleeping good!  

4 comments:

  1. I'm tired just reading this. Yes, this is Gram time. You have a lot of fun. I need to loosen up more. I just want to get 'er done! Play on, Grandma. What does he call you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just picture this and can tell how much you love it. Isn't bath time the best? It's exhausting to get everything out, get them clean, dry yourself and little guy off, then warm dry jammies and cuddles. Oh, I miss those days.....someday I'll play grandma and will try to live up to your example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a big splashy fish I say...love that line. You described this moment in time with much love and fun. MHG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - I just got my name to appear with my comment rather than the Reflections. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete