Friday, March 29, 2013

Rest

Today was the first day of spring break. I didn't do much as far as go, go , go. I took my time and went at a slow pace. The usual, dishes, laundry, picking up this and that. I also took a three hour nap which I felt I needed. My legs have been aching , my eyes puffy, I needed rest. I cooked supper and raked leaves. (When I burned them the wind carried the smoke toward the house. No one liked that.) I also went for a walk around the field with my daughter and our dogs. Then we walked along the road to pick up trash, lots of it! I also put money in over 200 eggs for our egg hunt tomorrow. That took me 2 hours. I just took my time as I watched a movie. Now typing I'm having a glass of wine. I have enjoyed my first day of spring break. Even more that my friend sent me a text that traffic has been horrible, bumper to bumper on the way to the warm south. I'm so glad we went to Aruba and now do not have to go to Florida. I love staying home!

2 comments:

  1. See, what I mean! You have the topics. Embellish them. You started to with your aching feet and puffy eyes. Burning leaves--love the smell, tell me more. What did you see on your walk? 200 eggs! Tell me more--what coins in each egg? You do this every year? Who was the hunt for? What movie? Wine? Didn't know you drank wine as a celebration!!! What kind of wine? I love the last 2 lines--yes, good to be home! You can write--embellish like you do when you talk to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very productive yet relaxing day. I love being home too. It's comforting.

    ReplyDelete