Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pizza

Tonight for supper we had pizza. This year I have been trying to make pizza once a week after I read this article in my Mother Earth News magazine on how you should eat pizza and the many ways to make it. My family seems to eat it. That means it is a winner. I use my yeast roll recipe for the crust then the rest is a work in progress. My grandson and I constructed pepperoni, Canadian bacon, fried bacon, mushrooms,asparagus(on half) and cheese. His fingers were in it licking and tasting. I just smiled as I was having just as much watching him. He had on his auntie's apron that great grandma had sewn, sitting on the counter covered in flour.. She had worn it many years ago when she helped me cook. (Boy I sure kept a bunch of things). Everyone enjoyed the meal. Even the asparagus was yummy. (I try to get in veggies) My husband wanted to buy a pizza at Wal-Mart last night. I'm glad I said I wanted to make my own. I hope I have inspired you to dust off the cookbook or look online for a new pizza recipe your family will enjoy!
Everybody loves pizza- make one together!

3 comments:

  1. I use to do that when the kids were small. Maybe it's time for the grandkids!!!! Don't forget the onions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while since I made pizza...a long while. I need to do that. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pizza - a favorite. I will make my own, but not as often as I would like. Need to think ahead. I enjoy cutting spinach and putting it on plus black olives and definitely mushrooms!!!

    ReplyDelete