Monday, March 25, 2013

Lucky

Tonight we went to Fort Wayne to the hospital to visit my husbands brother. He will be there for about ten days if there are no complications. We stayed to visit  a few hours as he is tired of sitting still and watching T.V. He showed us the incisions on his stomach in two places. I stopped counting when I hit thirty staples. It looked like something Frankenstien had. My husband said, "Your not going to look very good in a bathing suit anymore". He giggled at that. While we were there nurses were in and out checking this and that. They stuck him with a needle in the arm and missed the vein. I had to leave for a bit as I can' t stand needles. Going down the hallway it's to quiet for me, it smells funny and people look sad in a hospital. How can a place be full yet the halls be so empty? I feel lucky to have my health. I really should take better care of myself, be kinder to myself. Smile more and enjoy more. Today I feel lucky.    

2 comments:

  1. Yes, health is so important. Sorry you have a loved one in the hospital. Sounds like he's on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, I love the last lines of this--they are words we all need to hear, and you have the courage to say them to yourself. I'm going to try harder to hear your voice telling me this every day.

    ReplyDelete