Thursday, March 21, 2013

Books

When I say books, I mean professional books. When looking at my shelves at school I had noticed I not only have one shelf but several.I have been a collector over the past years when I was teaching writing. Now however in the classroom I tend to only use the ones I rely on. I still treasure the signed copies. But those ones we all bought just because or are collecting dust. The ones for book studies only used once. My daughter said sell them mom. My husband said are you going to read them again? Nope. Then sell them. So I cleaned a bit and sold them on-line. I can use the money for other books I want.( I always want more-you all understand) For now I have a clean shelf at school. I'm excited about that!  

3 comments:

  1. Books, books, books. I left a lot at school when I left. Many came home. I have books stacked up now again. I have to re-arrange every year and purge. How did you sell them on line? Craig's List, E-bay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have given books away several times over the years--mostly kid books when my many shelves and tubs and baskets at home and school can't contain any more. I purge some and give them to new teachers. They love it and it makes me happy to see their almost-barren new classroom books shelves fatten up a little. As for professional books, I mostly purge by loaning ones that never find their way back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Books do collect. I'm glad you have extra money to buy new books. I'm really trying to prioritize time each day to read. Right now, I read slices. I want to read more; it's just coordinating my day to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete