Friday, March 1, 2013

Rugs

If I think hard about why I have this need to have rugs around my house, I guess its because my mom had them in our house growing up.
They keep your feet warm.
Catch crumbs
Place to put your shoes on.
Keep the soil and mud from entering the room.
All snow melting stays on them.
Dogs curl up for warmth.
Children play on them with toys.
They sit in front of appliances for beauty.
Slip and slide around the house on them.
Some pieces of furnature have a place of honor sitting upon them.
Its a little bit of country.

This past week I went to visit the Amish lady who makes rugs. I love all the colors! I dig through the  wooden box filled with them ooohhhhh and ahhhhing over all the beautiful designs. I buy 6.

Just for fun I count around my house...I have 22
At my cottage...I have 8
I guess I do like rugs!

To me they are beautiful

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about this type of rug--something appealing about the color or the texture maybe. Anyway, I like that you like rugs and was glad to know you counted. Yes, I was starting to wonder how many you had! Then I started trying to remember what ones are on your screened in porch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--lots of rugs. My mom had rugs even where she had carpeting! Men don't like rugs and I battle having the throw rugs I have in the kitchen and bedrooms. You have to have rugs where there is no carpeting. Rugs are what makes a home a home--warm and soft. Once again, the small things in life win at posts!!! I did listen to my husband. I might even post about what he said, Mother!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rugs are the best when you have hard wooden floors. I did as a kid and at my grandma's house. Your post brought memories. I love your list in sentences. MHG

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful. I'm looking for rugs for a classroom next year. I'm not going to buy one until I find one I L.O.V.E.!!!

    ReplyDelete