Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Singing

It is so loud in my house I can hardly think. I may as well stop watching T.V. I listen. It sure is loud. Its beautiful. Its my daughter singing at the top of her voice in the shower. Shes got rhythm and melody. Every night I get to hear this concert for free. For years it had been that way in this house. When all 4 were home it was one shower after the next. Each daughter belting out her favorite songs. Then on trips they would sing in the car with the radio. My favorite is Ain't no mountain high enough, they sing it perfect.Next year when the last one is at college I will miss all this singing. So maybe I'll have to start. Just for fun I belted it out walking out to the barn. My husband said- what was I doing ? I'm not the girls.  I was really good. Guess not. I best leave all the singing to the daughters. For now I get to still have a free concert every night. Better than the Voice and American Idol? You bet!

3 comments:

  1. I chuckled first hearing you belt out singing - not that you don't sing well; it's just the thought of you being spontaneous. Then, I chuckled thinking of Rex's response.
    The things we miss when our children leave. I'm glad you captured this concert for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine having such joy all around all the time. Maybe you can get a bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--how fun! With 2 boys, I don't get that. Even Molly doesn't sing in the shower. I sing in the car when I'm alone....loudly....and not very well...
    but it makes me happy!
    I think you should start singing because I can't imagine your house without it.

    ReplyDelete