Saturday, March 23, 2013

Forgot

I woke up jumped out of bed, saw 3 deer walking across the yard. That's when I thought...I forgot to slice yesterday. Sitting here at this computer is the first thing I am doing today. How did that happen? Well right after school I had to work my shift at the carnival. I set everything up for the cake walk, took tickets and smiled at the children with their parents. Exhausting. I rushed home made dessert for the evening. Sat at my computer and I thought ,Wow no one has sliced yet, I will look again later... on to frying the potatoes. Pick up the house in a flurry. Because my daughter has invited a new fellow over to meet us, eat and play cards. He called, he is going to be late. Has to move something in the house for his mother. Thanks nice. I like that, a boy helping mom! OK. Turn everything off. Wrap in foil, keep it hot and daughter calm. Phone rings again. Man coming to buy pop-up camper now. Was on Craig's list for two weeks, that was fast. Husband named price. Sold. Coming now. OK. Camper has new home and going to Georgia for spring break with a new family with 3 little girls. Now more room for our graduation party. Camper drives out...fellow drives in. Supper still warm. Yes!  He was very nice.  Lots of laughs and giggles. Husband and I beat them nine games to their one. The old people ROCK. Its midnight. All I see is the clock and I'm very sleepy. In bed and out like a light,until now. Panic. Check other blogs. Smile,as  most of friends slices sound tired also for a Friday night. They will forgive me...I'll slice twice today.  Just Forgot!  

1 comment:

  1. You're excused, busy lady. You're getting too good for me at cards!

    ReplyDelete