Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Plants

I do NOT have a green thumb. I want one because my mother and grandmother have one. They have beautiful plants all over their homes.  Green accents with blooms,  fragrance aroma hits your senses when you enter.  Me, I have one plant. I do not count the half of one that is about dead. Friends have given me "starts" off their plants and  they end up dead here. I buy plants that are so pretty and within months they meet their fate. But I have one plant that was given to me. It likes it here and grows and grows and grows. I have to give it haircuts as it winds around the plant stand my husband made in high school. It makes me smile as it gives off CO2 to make us breath easy. Sometimes I forget to water it for months. It survive as it likes it here. It's sure is pretty!

* My daughters are laughing as they say this is a lame post. Its all I could think of today!  :)

4 comments:

  1. I have a real "black" thumb, too.

    My friend Trish has a lush green thumb.

    I want to grow cucumbers this summer. She said, "You will have to water them."

    And tell your daughters to stop laughing...this is a perfectly excellent slice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what Ruth says to tell your daughters...they should read my lame posts! Ha!
    And guess what? I have a plant just like that--and I haven't watered it for weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have plants in my house anymore either. Your plant is a keeper, winding all around, embracing you. I notice you have a rooster in your house. Is it there for a reason?--you have all kinds of interesting reasons for everything. I see painted rocks, also. Did you see the rock you game me when I wrote about a walk, next to the newspaper?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your post and picture of a plant. I have a black thumb too. My mom grows brilliant African Violets and Shrimp Plants. Love the aroma.

    ReplyDelete