Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sundays

This Sunday is like no other. We seem to spend every Saturday night at the cottage. Sometimes it's because we have card group. Sometimes it's because our neighbors or friends come over. That's when we are up until two a.m. Others it's just because its our little get away for the week. Something for us to look forward to, a place to slow down and regroup. So Sundays (everyone) my husband makes breakfast. I doesn't matter if we are at the cottage or home. Before our morning show, Sunday Morning,he starts frying the bacon. That's when you hear footsteps coming up the stairs or the cars rolling in. Then blueberry pancakes follow with a glass of juice.The past few weeks we hear the car doors slam and in they come, our daughters plus a few extra. They all say how they love Sundays because of the breakfast. My husband loves doing this and so the tradition continues. His hope is that, every Sunday he will fry the bacon and they...
will come!  

3 comments:

  1. We will come. Not only because of the bacon! If I play cards until 2, I will need caffeine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I had no idea--I wish it were closer, because I'd show up for bacon and blueberry pancakes! I might be in my jammies, but I'd be there. Wow!
    I think sometime when BONS meet we should do breakfast for dinner--what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breakfast for dinner would be awesome! Will you be at the cottage over spring break? I love how the cottage is a place to get away, to relax. MHG

    ReplyDelete