Saturday, March 9, 2013

Cards

I know its really late...really, really late. I want to go to bed, but I told myself I would write everyday. So here I am writing. We had such fun tonight going to Menards then out for a burger. Took a car load to college to work out. That was at ten, I knew then it was going to be late. Back to the cottage just for a little bit. Well that turned into hours. I don't know what it is about that place but in roll the cars and the cards hit the table. My husband loves to play cards. When the neighbors and college kids come over, the competition is on. That is what is was tonight. No one wanted to leave until they won. That took awhile. Lots of laughs and giggles. On the way home I said, That old table sure has had a bunch of card players at it. My husband smiles as he loves to play cards! Pretty much every weekend the cards are flying on that table. :)    

4 comments:

  1. "The cards hit the table." This line sounds like Cynthia Rylant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, I can hear the fun from here! What a great night, even if it was late. The way you wrote this also grabbed me and pulled me in. I think it's some of those short sentences maybe...or whatever it is you did to make me feel the way the night just kept itself going until morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cards till flying in the winter, huh? I think that cottage has some magical powers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Tam. The cottage definitely brings you in.

    ReplyDelete