Saturday, March 16, 2013

Years

On the way to playing cards tonight we went through the town where I grew up as a little girl. Looking out the window as my husband drove I noticed big, no huge, trees along the way. I can remember looking out the bus, nose pressed on  the chilly window seeing those same trees going to school. How long have they stood there rooted in the same soil? How many travelers have passed them by seeing their beauty? How many have enjoyed the shade they have given? Countless birds and critters have lived in the shelter they have provided.I am 50 years old ,was what I  thought, those trees will live longer than me. I hope they stand tall and proud for everyone to notice.

3 comments:

  1. Trees are wonderful things. They have many stories to tell. See, you have a slice today--the simple but special to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you wrote about trees too. I love them. I've had things brewing in my head about trees for a long time...I've started to wonder if it's like Tam and rocks. Anyway, this piece grabbed me because I watch trees while driving too. There's something about them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nose pressed against the window - great description. Love your questioning. MHG

    ReplyDelete