Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Boys

Raising my family of girls this house has had the saying "The girls" always. Last night since my daughter's family moved back from Colorado my "Boys" got together for the first time. My grandson is 9mo old and my adopted grandsons are 5 and 7. (Neighbor boys that I took in since birth- we love their parents too) They have seen each other on facebook, but not the same as in person. I was the babysitter last night as the parents went to the movies. 7 is a bit more reserved and doesn't really want to play with a baby. However 5 talked up a storm. First was the questions. Am I still your grandson too Tams? Will you still come to my ballgame? Will you still come to my birthday Rexy and Tams? Yes, yes yes!! Ok. Then it was on to the baby, watch this baby. This is how you throw the ball. "Don't hit the baby with the ball." Why isn't he crawling? What is he doing? "He scoots around, he can't crawl yet." Oh he's swimming. Come on baby I can do that follow me under the table. There goes baby and 5 under the table. This is fun and soon 7 joins under the swimming table. That's when 5 says, Baby look at my big hands, soon yours will be this big too. Soon here comes alligator toy out from under the table. I didn't know alligator could move that fast. Lots of giggling is happening now they have baby sitting up and rolling ball to him. Baby is part of the group. Can baby come to our ball game? Can baby come to our birthday party? We are all Rexy and Tams grandsons. This baby is OK!

1 comment:

  1. What fun! Sounds like a rowdy but great group of little guys...and they are lucky to have you for a grandma.

    ReplyDelete