Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Driveway

When we moved to the woods and built our house I had visions of making lots of flowerbeds. Well that idea got nixed after I made one. Way to much work. weeding and weeding and more weeding. So to this day I still only have one flower bed. But...In the spring as you drive up my long driveway your mouth will drop and your eyes will get wide as its absolutely beautiful. I have planted hundreds of daffodils of all colors. Then there is the tulips that follow. It started when my dad started giving my sister and I a pot full of hyacinths just because he wanted to. (my dad has given me very few things over the years) So as he was still teaching I would get these flowers. I really didn't know where to put them so I replanted them in the woods. That started it all. Now there is a path way of flowers to my house. I hope everyone that drives up my driveway through the woods takes notice of the spectacular view I have taken years to create. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh the beauty described is fabulous. I just wish I could see a picture. Ask one of the girls to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow--can you take a picture? And then another one when the tulips bloom? I really, really want to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete