Saturday, March 3, 2012

Trains

Number #3 daughter is what we call a "foamer for trains". She talks about the trains with her dad pretty much daily. She went to Trine to college partly because she can see the tracks from her dorm window and count the cars going by. She has our engineers cell numbers and they actually stop on campus to pick her up. I have found out she does this more than I know. When we have a track crew out, I hear later that after classes she goes out and chats with these workers. She knows all our employees by name and what their job is. (I don't even know that!) She knows when other companies engines are on our tracks and she has to go see what they look like inside and out. Her uncles I think find her amusing. For gifts she wants Thomas the train stuff. She talked about maybe she should go to a different college, the next day she texts us saying,nope she couldn't leave the trains. Well I know her dad loves it that she calls him constantly how many cars are coming at him. I love it that she is interested in the family business. So today sometime we are going over to the new train barn to see the progress on this building. And you bet Number #3 daughter will be going with us.

3 comments:

  1. WOW--she certainly has the passion, doesn't she! I'm glad for her. To know at her age that this is something she not only feels connected to, but that it's a connection she wants to maintain, is special.
    I can sense some pride and awe in your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your husband has to be thrilled. I can't believe a girl (sorry, a sexist remark of which I am not one)has this much interest in trains. You have taught her well, including being friendly and personal to everyone. I get the "foamer" part now!!! Can I use that or is it old?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your daughter has picked up the love of the family business. She has a drive that will take her places. So glad she and her dad are able to connect this way. My favorite - she knows each employee by name and what they do.

    ReplyDelete