Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Morning

I do not go to church on Sunday very much anymore. I was a church hopper my whole life. I never found a church where I fit in. There was always drama going on. I took the girls faithfully when they were little. I took then to camp every summer. I took them to catechism classes two years each so they would have and understand religion. I do go to church if my mother is home as we go together. My husband has eggs, bacon and pancakes ready for our return every time we go. Now the girls can go if they want as they can drive. I get up and enjoy Sunday Morning on channel 15 every Sunday. I like the old fellow who hosts the show. I like the different news pieces they run as they are interesting to me. I like the different ways they can make a sun smile. My favorite is the trumpet playing at the beginning and end of the show. I look forward to it each week just like I did church. I watch it faithfully each week. Right now I have to go watch it with my family now. I love Sunday Mornings. Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about not finding a place to fit in. I'm glad you've found a Sunday routine that lifts your spirits though--that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a faithful church goer growing up and even did door to door evangelism. Then I coverted to Catholicism for our marriage, and all the kids went through all the steps, too. Now only one son goes to church--Methodist. I don't care for the Catholic church--too formal for me. When my husband passes, I will go where I am comfortable. He's a die hard Catholic even though he doesn't go to church??????

    ReplyDelete