Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cards

Last night I didn't get to post on time and here is the reason. We have a group of 8 of us that play cards together every month. We go to different houses and all bring yummy food.(except me...I buy mine at Wal-mart) We have a good time! Last night it was at our house. When I got home I frantically cleaned just the 3 rooms I knew they would be in and see. I was red in the face and sweating, rushing all over , hiding this and that pile of junk I collect.Light a candle, ready. Then they arrived, everyone happy to see one another. We ate, played cards and laughed and laughed until we all were crying. I love card party night. We have trophies for the winner and loser and candy bars for loners. ( Husband tries for trophies I try for candy) We are done at nine, one couple leaving right away to get to bed. (we are getting older and sleep is important if you have a busy day ahead) The other two couples wanted to drive over to the cottage to see our progress. We ended up showing our little cottage off then standing outside in the gorgeous evening and chatting until 12:30. On the way home I thought uh oh...I forgot to blog! Then I remembered RA saying it was OK, just do your best. So today I will post twice so I don't miss a day. I sure had fun last night so it was all worth it! Nothing beats getting together with wonderful people who you can share and have fun with and enjoy each others hopes and dreams and sorrows and advice... and just being YOU!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were late posting--because you not only had a great time with friends, but got a cool post out of it!
    I also posted past midnight one day...well, it was only 9:20 where I was (west coast), but it was past midnight here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good times. What kind of cards? I'm glad you're writing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you wrote even though it was late. Sometimes these are the best posts. I love getting a glimpse into the "pre-company" cleaning. Love. It. Hope you know you don't have to clean for BONS. :)

    ReplyDelete