Friday, March 9, 2012

Parent Contact

This years class is not a funny bunch. They are loud but yet they listen and do well on testing. For that I am grateful more than you know. Well for years I would tell the class I was not going to have a system to keep track of their behavior, they should just know how to behave. For all those years it worked...except this one. Out of 20 children 6 have been diagnosed with ADD. That's a lot in one room. Well they are all over the place. They never walk they prance, skip, run and twirl down the hallway and in the room. So, I have a clothes pin clip system that has 3 tries to move up(at the top you get 2 stickers and a fruit snack) or 3 tries to move down to the dreaded Parent Contact. Where I call the parent and I talk and they talk telling them what they did wrong, plus a note to be signed. Today a little girl first was sitting on her exercise ball(which is her chair-we have 8in our room) I looked over and there she was rolling on her stomach going back and forth like an airplane. Then she sat up and was bouncing like Tigger as high as she could. Down the clip went. During recess she was talking in line and had to stand by the fence with the other offenders. Down went the clip. At reading time she was 5minutes late getting there because she wouldn't stop digging in her pencil box (for I have no idea what?) Plus she was making bird noises. They were really quite good ones. There went the clip. When asked why she was acting this way. she replied,"I just really don't know why but I started this morning and I tried to be good but its one of those days. It just happens to me all the time." I looked at her and smiled then giggled and said Please try harder to behave, I sure love you but I will have to call your mom. She smiled back at me not saying a word. Her mother was mad at her but I said she made me laugh and she was good the rest of the day. I told the mom tomorrow is a new day and I hope it is better. *Its been a rough week with this bunch but today they made me laugh...next week will be better!

1 comment:

  1. You are a super teacher!! I like the clothespin thing. I think I might use it when I have the grandkids alone for a few days. I love how the little girl said it was just one of those days, and she really wanted to be good--priceless.

    ReplyDelete