Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fishing

Today I wanted to do something for me. I told everyone in my family I wanted to go fishing sometime in the afternoon. So I did all the stuff we do on the week-end, dishes, laundry, vaccum etc. Took the guys in the field working lunch then went fishing. I enjoyed the quiet. I enjoyed the tugs on my pole. I enjoyed the splashing in the bucket. I enjoyed fishing. Then it was back to being the mom. I took the guys supper at the field then put the animals away. I spent over an hour cleaning the fish that we all will enjoy for supper tomorrow. I must say I felt a bit like the little red hen doing all the work and everyone will enjoy the meal. It is always fun to catch and eat the fish, not so fun to clean them. Since my grandpa showed me how to clean fish when I was little I have always been fast and good at it. So everyone says i get to clean them because I'm so good. This is something that is not fun after hours upon hours. So when I fish I am very picky about what goes into the bucket as I know I'll be the one cleaning them. The fish are biting and tomorrow I'll be going to the lake right after school to catch and clean some more. I do enjoy fishing.

3 comments:

  1. What time is dinner? I love fresh fish--especially bluegills. When I was little, my first job was scaling, then later I learned to clean them the whole way--I used to be good with a filet knife too. Not sure if it would come back to me though...better leave it to the expert (you!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go fishing with you,but I was never willing to take the hook out or clean fish. I was not taught at an early age which might have made a difference. I wasn't taught much at an early age. Since I had boys, they could clean all they wanted to catch. That rule still remains. But I'm good at being quiet and giggling now and then. So glad you find a quiet place to get away. I find peace in your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there's a grandson that is just waiting to learn how to clean fish. :)

    ReplyDelete