Saturday, March 10, 2012

Homes

The last two months our oldest daughter and her husband have been looking at houses. My husband has rode along to everyone to give his opinion. I wait until they want to see it again then I go. To me each one is fine and I could move in. My husband says I would be happy in a tent. The truth is I would be happy anywhere he is. Today we went to a, for sale by owner, actually we have been to a few like that. You can tell the pride they have in the place, that they have been kind to it and it has served them well. Today I even felt like they didn't really want to sell but because of whatever reason they were going to. I can't imagine selling my home. I love it here! Its right for me. Sure I wish a window was here or the bathroom was bigger. But you are never done with a house, it keeps giving you hopes and dreams. Each year you want to remodel, get a new roof, paint some part, add something. Plus each year outside you feel like maybe I should have another flower bed or add red raspberry bushes since your daughter eats so many! I'm already thinking of what spring might spur in us to do around here. A house is something you just keep working on. Anyway...I hope my daughter finds the right house, the one she sees as, just right. One that when she leaves she says that is the one. Until then I will ride along and look at houses. I'll say, "Oh this one is nice!" Then my husband will give his opinion about the furnace or the buildings or the roof or the basement. Good thing he is going along! Hopefully in this buyers market the perfect house can be found.

1 comment:

  1. How special is that, your daughter including you in their decision. We would have never asked our parents but then consider our parents. I liked how you said you would live anywhere as long as you were with your husband. That's the way it is when you love someone.

    ReplyDelete