Sunday, March 11, 2012

They're Back

Tonight I was out stacking wood when I heard them. I stopped in my tracks, listened intently, then smiled. I look forward to the frogs singing every spring. It is music to my ears. My girls all notice them too. Maybe since they were born I stop the car if no one is behind me then roll down all the windows and say..."Girls listen, the frogs are making music for just us." If a car is behind me I still roll down the windows and say as we are passing the swamp, "Did you hear that?" Now for the next few weeks I will hear the sounds of the swamp as I drive down the road. Sometimes they are so loud I think they have speakers in the swamp. Those frogs sure know how to throw a party! I imagine them all dancing around and having a chior of froggy's celebrating the glorious day they have had. (I only hear them in the evening)I hope you all can take a drive in the country and find a low spot (swampy) towards evening and enjoy the concert. I know I will be.

2 comments:

  1. Having a party - I like that thought. I love how you notice nature around you and teach your kids to do the same. I love how you shared how you stopped and smiled. You need more smiles.
    MaryHelen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the frogs!!! I look forward to them every year. I went outside last night to hear them. We hear them a lot around here. I'm sure the frog party has just begun!!! What a mom!!

    ReplyDelete