Thursday, March 8, 2012

Glass Rock

When I was a little girl I remember going to grandpa and grandmas farm house. There, going into the parlor holding the door open was the prettiest rock I had ever seen. It was a blueish green big chunk of glass. To me it was huge and heavy and smooth. I always touched it each time I went to visit. I would hold it on my lap and make wishes. When my grandparents moved to the lake, the glass rock held the door open going into the hallway that lead to a bedroom and the bathroom. The rock always caught my eye when I went through that doorway. It still seemed large to me. I would always think, that sure is a beautiful glass rock. When my grandparents died and I went to the auction, there was the rock on the table with other treasures. The auctioneer lumped a bunch of stuff together and the bidding started. I kept bidding and bidding and won. He said, "What do you choose?" I took the Glass Rock. He said out loud, "That's what you want?" "Yep!" He didn't know that I would have kept bidding as high as I needed because I was going to have it. Now the rock has a new home. Mine. Its in my bedroom holding the bathroom door open. I see it everyday. When our cottage is done it is going to move there, as now it will follow me wherever I go. I know its just a chunk of glass, but to me it is so much more as it holds memories of my relatives.

1 comment:

  1. I love your new rock already. Can't wait to see it. You have the neatest memories of your life. You have a myriad of stories to write in your lifetime. ***I have forgotten to check your blog during SOLS, now remembering you didn't want to become public for various reasons.

    ReplyDelete