Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ladybugs

They are not real ladybugs. When I was little on the farm we would find nests of ladybugs hiding around the base of trees. They were bright red with distinct black dots. My grandma would say if we found a nest they would bring us good luck. She also said they were good for your garden as they ate little aphids. That was the last I saw a real ladybug. Now they are orange with not so black dots and they smell bad when you squish them. They bite, and it hurts. I do not like them. It seems I have had a cough for a few weeks. I went to bed with a coughdrop in my mouth. When it was half gone I took it out and put it on my nightstand. In the morning I woke up looked over at it and there it was with ten of those ugly ladybugs on my cough drop! UUGG How did they get in my bedroom? Well tonight I'm going to get the vacuum and suck them up and throw them back outside. Everyone says they have these orange invaders in their homes. What happened to the real red ladybugs? They would stay outside and not eat coughdrops.

3 comments:

  1. So, they are different than the real thing. I think I would put out a cough drop every night, so they would all land there and not on me!! We've had trouble with carpenter ants this winter. What's with that and how are they getting in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I am ok with bugs outside...I do not like them inside. Not even a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last line makes me laugh. I don't like those bugs either. Yuk.

    ReplyDelete