Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Outdoor Track

When we bought the 30acres at the bottom of the hill. The first thing we did was take out the fence row and make a track around it. My husband took the disk around and around to smooth it down. I followed him picking up rocks. Then the grass grew. Then the girls tied on their shoes and away they went. The track is exactly a mile. They run around and around and we are happy as we always worried when they ran on the road that someone would take them. I have walked many miles around that track. In the winter we cross country ski around it. My husband sits by the door honking the horn on the four-wheeler. That is my signal that its time for a date ride. Each night he picks me up for a ride around the field and we discuss our day. Now that spring is here I look forward to those times around the field. Every time we go around the track Brownie and Chippy are right there. Ride, Walk or Run. We sure have enjoyed our outdoor track, its given us exercise and time to know each other.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful time of being together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I am envious when I think of that track, but also inspired by the way you and husband make time for each other and the girls. You have an amazing family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful track moments. I love the date ride thing. Ride, Walk, or Run is a great title if you decide to make this into a children's book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure there's a story or poem lurking on that track.

    ReplyDelete