Friday, March 23, 2012

Rain

Tonight I woke up from my nap to the sound of pouring down rain. When I looked out the window you could not even see the road it was raining that hard. It didn't rain hard for a few minutes it rained that hard for over an hour. The bottom of our hill looks like a small pond. From there it has made an even bigger lake in our field. Then the water is rushing out the drainage pipe into the creek which is raising. We went down to the mill to see if the sub pumps were running and on our way there we went through water crossing the road. The first place was up to the top of our Yukon's tires. (I was glad we did not take the car) Then the next place we didn't see that the road was covered as it just looked wet. My husband had water coming over the top of our vehicle. He said,"Wow I didn't see that, guess we got our car washed." I thought it was fun! (glad I wasn't driving as I would have been in the ditch) I think people will have flooded basements tonight. I'm sure all this water has done damage. But tomorrow most of it will be gone and it sure will green up everything. It gave the earth an earth wash.

3 comments:

  1. An earth wash for sure. I like your aside and so glad you are not in the ditch. You would think it would be fun, an adventure, a slice to share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's pretty unbelievable! I'm also in awe that the two of you think of this as fun somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More like scary!! You and your husband are perfect for each other. How did you meet again?

    ReplyDelete