Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fuzzy

28 years I have been married. For one of our wedding gifts we got a lamp and a blanket that is brown and has a big picture of two lion heads that are hiding in the tall grass. I have never liked that blanket. At first I would hide it behind the couch. Every night my husband would come home and pull that blanket out and cover up with it in his recliner. Next I would put it in a closet. Seriously who wants big lion heads decorating their living room. Not me! Each night he would go to the closet and drag out that blanket. When the girls blessed our family, they had their special blankets and dad had his. It was called dad's blankie for years then it changed over time into being called fuzzy blankie. The girls have snuggled up with dad, played peek-a-boo, had tug of war games and cuddled all with fuzzy. Now fuzzy has its place with the other blankets stacked up at the end of the couch. Each family member has there favorite. Dad comes home after work and supper, sits in his recliner and sits under fuzzy. He's sitting there now as I look over at him sleeping as I'm watching TV. I don't mind that old blanket anymore its part of my life after 28 years.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Tammy, I love this slice. It warms my heart. I love the way something that used to disgust you is now a symbol of comfort and love. It is perfect.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, an object brought to life by your heart. I think it's cool that your husband still has a blankie. He just doesn't look like the blankie type!!!

    ReplyDelete