Thursday, March 1, 2012

Frig. Food

We are just getting home from a long day. I sit here at the kitchen table as my youngest daughter goes to the frig. stands there with the door wide open just looking...and looking...and looking. As I sit here watching her I remember her three older sisters doing the same thing. Then the speech would follow by my husband or myself. "Don't just stand there looking, think about what you want before you open the door." "What are you doing with that door open? Its not an air conditioner."Or, "Shut that door you are letting all the cold air out."
Did it help us harping at them? Nope. They still all do it. Now I see her give me that sneaky look. I know what shes doing. She thinks if the door is open and shes hiding behind it I will not know she is eating almost all the red raspberries that are $2.50 for a tiny, teeny box. Well there goes the fruit for the lunches tomorrow, I will put a banana in! Next I see she she is drinking something, my guess is that she is drinking her sisters juice. The juice her sister bought with her own money and puts a new marker line on it every time she drinks out of it so she knows if anyone has drank a sip. Yep she is going to get yelled at tomorrow by the sister. But...she is the youngest and she will get away with it as the youngest does. Now she has moved on shutting the door,finally. Good night. I think I will get up and look in that frig. to see if I can find something my stomach is hungry for. I will not stand there to long looking, well... maybe.

3 comments:

  1. Guess what? If I were at your house, those berries would have been history! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing heartily now. I lost at the raspberries!! You should be on Saturday Night Live!!! I would go with you because I think we could quirk well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing at Tam's comment. Your piece has a wonderful voice to it. The interjections bring it out - Yep!

    ReplyDelete