Saturday, March 17, 2012

Parks

Today I drove to Toledo with my eldest daughter,her husband and my grandson. We went to see my sister who drove down five hours to visit her mother in law. For us it was only an hour and a half drive.I do not get to see my sister often with our busy lives. Today she met my grandson. He was all smiles and warmed her heart. We went to a nearby park. Every parking spot was full. In fact we drove around looking for a spot and I saw people out standing in parking spots until their car full could come around and get it. There were people everywhere. The play equipment was swinging with children. Dogs were on leashes enjoying the warmth of the day. People were walking, running, biking, and talking. There was even a wedding in the garden. I thought it looked like Central Park in NYC. It was fun to watch all these people in Toledo enjoying the park. However I said to my sister, I like my own acres the best. There are just so many people here. I have all this at home, lots of trails and not all these strangers walking on them. She agreed as she has property and our parents place (Named- Peaceful Woods) we both enjoy walking and talking together. We enjoyed our time spent together and we were glad that someone had donated the land we went to today as a park so all those people today could enjoy the outdoors. We are blessed as we have what people in the city do not get to just walk out their back doors and enjoy. Enjoy your yards!

3 comments:

  1. There is no one in town today. They all must be at all the closest parks!! Pontoons are already on our lake!!! Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing I miss most being in town is wide open space and a huge yard. I grew up out in the boonie--a farm and then the woods. While I love my house and our street, I do wish that when I looked out the window it would be a view of rolling hills or thick woods or just....space.
    Thank you for sharing this, and I'm glad you got to spend time with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last week, on the first warm day, Sam ran out the backdoor, jumped off the deck and sprinted to the middle of the back yard. He spun, arms wide, and yelled, "I need to be naked!"

    It's times like these that I think we are both thankful to be in the country. :)

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete